Kary is a counselor with years of experience, and a distinct mix of skills including: individual counseling work, group facilitation, men’s work, corporate coaching experience and understanding the stressors of corporate executives, mediation and teaching.
Kary works with clients to engage in the therapeutic counseling process and facilitating life change to regain personal restoration to individuals in all seasons of life.
He will engage you in a rigorous, heartfelt, and time-tested approach to work-life balance, career transitions, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD – first responder or other), sexual abuse/trauma, marriage/family issues, treating anxiety and depression along with other life challenges.
Background & Experience
Kary has a Masters in Counseling from Colorado Christian University, an undergraduate degree in Organizational Leadership from Trinity University, and attended Indiana University for an undergraduate degree in Music Education. He is co-founder of “RECLAIM” (reclaim4men.com) a men’s weekend workshop developed to serve men who have wounds from unwanted sexual experiences, sexual trauma or sexual abuse. Kary was also on staff at Willow Creek Community Church as a part of the Pastoral Response team.
Along with counseling, Kary continues his work in the corporate arena, consulting with organizations and executives across the U.S. and Europe. (www.whetstoneinc.com) He works with family businesses and corporations to develop next generations for leadership, and strategic planning, and cultural transformation. His focus is on coaching/consulting with senior executives and leadership teams towards individual and team effectiveness, and organizational strategic initiatives.
Degrees, Certifications and Membership
- Masters in Counseling, Colorado Christian University
- BA in Organizational Leadership, Trinity International University
- Chi Iota Sigma – Counseling & Academic Honors Society
- Sexual Trauma and Abuse certification – Seattle School of Psychology, Allender Center
- CSAT – Certified Sexual Addictions Therapist (CSAT) – IITAP Mod 1
- LifePlan® Certified Master Facilitator
- JVIC career planning assessment – Facilitator
- Kolbe Certified Consultant
- DiSC Consultant
- Paterson StratOp® Certified Facilitator
- StrengthsFinder assessment – Facilitator
- Barrett Cultural Values Assessments – certified consultant
- Attended Coaches Training Institute, San Rafael, California
- International Coaches Federation Member
- American Counseling Association
- Illinois Counselors Association
- American Christian Counselors Association
- International Coaches Federation
Andrew W. Hartman, Psy.D.
Andrew is a licensed psychologist and organizational consultant with more than 20 years of clinical expertise and 14 years working in the business community with a specialty in leadership and talent assessment, leadership development, and team performance. Based in the Chicago area, he serves the diverse needs of businesses, from Fortune 50 corporations to not-for-profit organizations.
His specialty is working with adults, addressing clinical issues that are creating barriers to them reaching their full potential. He also works with couples in relationship therapy and has a special interest and focus on men’s issues.
He holds a doctorate (Psy.D.) in Cinical Psychology from the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Wheeling, Illinois, a master’s degree from Wheaton Graduate School in Wheaton, Illinois, and has advanced training with the Coaches Training Institute in San Rafael, California.
You are not alone. There is a way out of old hurts, harm, and habits. A full and rich life is available to you through the therapeutic counseling process.